The Salvation Army accepts gently used merchandise to be refurbished and resold at our thrift stores. Please feel free to ask about any particular donation which may "fall between the cracks".
For any questions or to arrange for pick-up of larger donations, call 715-726-1836.
Your continued support makes our good work possible. Your qualifying tax deductible donations are resold through our Salvation Army Thrift Stores and serve to fund our programs. The Value Guide below will assist you in determining the tax-deductible value of any items you are donating to The Salvation Army. You will see that the table includes low and high estimates of value.
Acceptable Items to Donate
- Gently used women's, men's, and children's clothing, including shoes and accessories
- Gently used household items such as towels, sheets, curtains, throw rugs
- All kinds of items you would find in the kitchen and bathrooms, plus nick-knacks, pictures, books, toys, games, baskets, sporting goods, tools, etc
- Small appliances and electronics that are in good working order. Note, we do not have facilities to repair broken or non-working items.
- Computers in good working order and less than 5 years old
- Computer accessories including flat screen monitors, mice, keyboards and computer desks in good/working condition
- Large Appliances that are clean and in good working order
- All gently used furniture without unsightly stains, rips or odors
- Automotive parts unless they are brand new
- TVs and computer monitors (except flat screen)
- Laptops older than 5 years old
- Metal file cabinets
- Used household cleaners, paints, chemicals or other toxic waste
- Mattresses & box springs
- Built-in appliances including water heaters and water softeners
- Trash compactors, dishwashers and air conditioners
- Steel desks - the old "steelcase" version
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Used carpeting and padding
- Infant and childrens car seats (legal issues)
If you have questions about the item(s) you would like to donate, please call 715-726-1836.