You are in: Upcoming Events
Begins November 17, 2012! If you want to volunteer, follow these instructions to register and sign up for dates and times:
1. Log onto ringbells.org
2. Click on the state of Wisconsin.
3. Click on the county you want to ring in - either Eau Claire or Chippewa County
4. If you have not registered as a volunteer on this site before, scroll down to the heading 'You Make a Difference' and click 'Register Here' next to Active Volunteers.
5. Fill out the contact information.
6. Once registered, click on 'Bell Ringing 2012' under 'Featured Opportunity' on the main page.
7. Choose the location you want to ring bells at and sign up for the shifts that work for you!
If you have any questions at all about how to register, choose locations or sign up for times, please do not hesitate to call or email Alyssa about them! She'll get back to you as soon as she can!
TOYS FOR TOTS
We need volunteers for many Toys for Tots associated days! Below are the dates and times we need help! If you are interested, contact Abby Acker at: email@example.com or 715.834.1224 ext 12
29: First day of application process
- We need volunteers to assist families during the application process for the Toys for Tots program we host. They will be going over applications, talking to families and submitting the finished applications
- We would like to have an orientation day for training - it should take about 15-20 minutes. We would like to do it on October 26th at 4 pm. We understand that many students have crazy schedules so if someone can't make it to orientation, we will do a quick training session before their shift.
- The application process goes for 2 weeks and is during our open hours at our Eau Claire location. We will be developing a shift schedule and volunteers can sign up for the times that work best for them.
8: This is the last day of our Toys for Tots application process
29: Thanksgiving Food Distribution Day
- Every year we give out grocery gift cards to qualifying families to buy dinner for Thanksgiving. We need volunteers to greet and check-in clients, guide them to where they need to go and hand out gift cards.
- There will be a shift sign up sheet available to sign up for the shifts that work in your schedule. Times will be from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
23: Representation at Mega Foods
- We need volunteers to represent The Army at Mega Foods this day. We will be setting up a box for toys for our Toys for Tots program. Volunteers will greet, thank, and load the truck with the toys.
- We will have a sign up sheet for shifts for this day as well.
10: Sorting/Packing Days begin
- All of our toys for the Toys for Tots program are due back on December 7th. On the 10th we will begin sorting them by family and then packing them up.
- Volunteers can come whenever is best for them during our open hours. Just contact Abby if anyone is interested.
20: Toy Distribution Day
- We will be distributing all of the toys this day. Volunteers will be greeting and checking families/clients in, grabbing their bags, working the Stocking Stuffer and Warm Clothing tables, and handing out food cards to qualifying families.
- There will be a shift sign-up sheet available for this day as well.
If any of these volunteer opportunities interest you or you have any questions, contact Alyssa at: Alyssa_Dawson@usc.salvationarmy.org or 715.834.1224. ext 15 for more information