You are in: Social Services
The Salvation Army St Louis Gateway Citadel Corps assists with emergency food pantry, rent and utilities when funds are available. Standard pantry guidelines apply, and services are provided on a monthly basis.
Emergency Service Program Area
Our emergency service program area consists of the following zipcodes: 63123, 63125, 63126, 63127, 63128, 63129 and 63026 (Stl. County Only).
Our Food Pantry is open on Monday & Tuesday from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm.
If you do not see your zip code listed, click on the "Service Areas By Zip code" link found at the bottom of this page for a list of zip codes and service locations in the St Louis City/County area.
Please call in for an appointment:
Call In Times
Our caseworker takes calls to set up appointments. You may reach her at 314-631-1133
In order to receive assistance, please bring the following information to the caseworker:
- Identification for yourself along with proof of residency Identification for members of your household
- Examples: Social Security Cards, State ID, Drivers' License
- Proof of Income - Income must exceed expenses
- Examples: Pay stubs, DFS Award letter, Social Security or Child Support printout
- Documentation of the emergency situation which prevented you from paying your bill
- Examples: Car repair receipt, Medical bill receipt, Letter from your employer showing loss of wages.
- If seeking Utility Assistance, the BILL from your utility company
- Must be current.
- The bill must be in your name and you must have been making and made payment within the last 30 days.
- If seeking Rent Assistance, a Completed Landlord Form signed by your landlord. This form is obtainable from our caseworker and a copy of your lease.
- The amount owed must be the same amount pledged in order to qualify for assistance.
- For Food Pantry, you must present identification each time you come.