You are in: Host an Online Kettle
Click here to start the registration process!
Frequently Asked Questions - Online Red Kettle
Ring the bell from home.
The Salvation Army Red Kettles have been an American tradition since 1891. And now with the 21st century in full swing, we're branching out and embracing new ways of raising much-needed funds to support The Salvation Army's vital work at Christmastime and year-round.
What is the Online Red Kettle Campaign?
This campaign allows you to become an integral part of our fundraising efforts this Christmas season. You can now host your own Online Red Kettle and then send e-mails to others containing a link to your Red Kettle page. As you watch your Online Red Kettle fill with donations, you'll know that you're helping those in need, warming hearts and souls, doing the most good.
What types of Online Kettles are being offered?
- Personal Kettles - Host your own Online Red Kettle by customizing your own Red Kettle page. Then invite others via e-mail to fill your Kettle with secure online donations.
- Team Kettles - Civic groups, church groups, and other organizations can host an online Team Kettle. A Team Kettle also allows individual team members to host their own Personal Kettles, contributing to the team's fundraising goals and tally on an individual basis.
- Company Kettles - Any company can host an online Company Kettle in a co-branded environment with The Salvation Army. The amount of money collected in your Kettle will be reflected on your Company Kettle page, in real time. A link to your online Company Kettle will automatically be provided. This link can then be included on a company Internet/intranet site or e-mail blast to employees, vendors, customers, etc.
Where will your donation go and whom will it help?
All donations given through the Online Red Kettle campaign will be:
- Used to support The Salvation Army's work to help the less fortunate in communities across America, at Christmastime and throughout the year.
- Allocated based on the donor's designation either to benefit the geographic area where the donor resides, to the geographic area of the Kettle host, or to an area or ministry of The Salvation Army specified by the donor for their gift's use.
- Processed on The Salvation Army's secure servers. The Salvation Army does not share, sell, or rent donor data to anyone.
To host your own Online Red Kettle or to find out more: