You are in: FAQ's


Send this page to a friend Email envolope

Do I need an appointment?

Yes, please call ahead of time to make an appointment to see one of our social workers.

What do I need to bring?

In most cases you will need ID for your self and any other adaults in the household, proof of income, if there are children we need birth certificates, imunization records, school ID or medical cards (no Social Security Cards) and copies of the bill you are seeking assistance for.

Do I need to go to DHS first?

Yes, for utility or Rental assistance you must have a desicion letter form DHS dated within the last 30 days.

I'm late on my rent, can I get help?

You must have a judgement for eviction before we are able to help you.

Can you help me with first months rent?

Yes, we can help with first months rent.

How often can I get assistance from the Salvation Army?

You are able to get utility, rental assistance and clothing vouchers once every 12 months.




Print version


Enter your search terms below and hit the 'go' button

Find a Center

Enter your zip code to find your nearest Salvation Army