2013 SUMMER DAY CAMP PROGRAM
Looking for a safe, fun and affordable place to send your child this summer? Send them to The Sal!
This year we've added exciting new activites, fun weekly field trips and more recreational opportunities to The Sal's 2013 Summer Day Camp Program. Your child will have a summer of fun in a safe, encouraging, and positive environment.
Summer is just around the corner...So sign them up today!
The 2013 Summer Day Camp Program operates May 17th through August 15th at The Salvation Army's main location - 1707 W. Chestnut Expressway in Springfield MO.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
This program is open for all children ages pre-kindergarten through pre-7th grade.
Summer Day Camp Activites - all meals, field trips and activites are included in the camp fee!
- Breakfast - served Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
- Swimming - twice a week at Doling Park pool
- Field trips - every week to places such as Springfield Cardinals games, the Nature Center, Dickerson Park Zoo, the Little Theater, local parks & libraries
- Lunch - served Monday through Friday from noon until 1 p.m.
- Guest speakers
- Weekly theme days and activites
- Daily reading, learning and arts & crafts time
- LOTS of monitored team sports and organized play time!
Summer Day Camp Goals
- Offer a structured and positive summer program that encourages education.
- Provide daily recreational activities that keep kids active and healthy.
- Create an safe, fun and inclusive environment.
- Provide participants with opportunites to learn about the world around them.
Community Center Staff
The Summer Day Camp program operates under the directiom of The Salvation Army's full-time Community Center Director, Community Center Coordinator and several day camp counselors. All staff members have a deep interest in the safety, well-being and development of each child. Each individual working with children enrolled in the Community Center's programs have undergone thorough background checks and are certified in CPR & First Aid.
For more information please contact Kelly Wilson, Community Center Director, at (417) 862-5509 ext.113 or firstname.lastname@example.org