The Salvation Army - Summer Day Camp Counselor
Commitment: Tentative Dates: June 15- August 21, 2015
Staff schedule 7:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. (Max. 8 hour shift. Shifts may vary based on attendance) 30 - 40 hours per week
Responsibilities of the Counselor include, but are not limited to:
- Be a Christian role model and spiritual leader for campers, fellow counselors, and families.
- Adequately reflect the mission and attitude of The Salvation Army.
- Appropriate and caring interaction with the campers must be a top priority.
- Be prepared for daily assignments.
- Plan and lead reading, singing, games, crafts, bible stories, sports, etc.
- Be responsible for campers on field trips.
- Record and report incidents of concern to director.
- Attend orientation and staff meetings and apply the information obtained at these meetings.
- Incorporate discipline policy authorized by The Salvation Army.
- Follow the dress code of The Salvation Army.
- Be willing to share Christian faith.
- Share your ideas and suggestions to help better the day camp ministry.
- Take the initiative! When you see something that needs to be done, be a team player!
- All other duties as assigned and fitting to this job description.
- Must be available June 15 - August 21, 2015
- Hours of site operation: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Be able to attend if an end of the summer day camp family event is schedule for an evening.
- Must have valid drivers license and be able to pass driver background check.
- Must be able to pass background screening for working with children and vulnerable adults.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Mature and self-motivated.
- Service Orientated Attitude.
- Follow all applicable Salvation Army policies including but not limited to Safe From Harm.
- Adequately reflect the mission and attitude of The Salvation Army - Orientation will be provided.
- Must be able to stand on feet for at least four hours at a time and walk minimum of 1/2 mile without a rest.
- Must be willing to follow instructions and accept suggestions given by leadership with a positive attitude.
To apply: Submit a resume via email to Cheri Winchowky, fax a resume (262) 547-5709 or drop off a resume at 445 Madison St.