For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me... "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:35-36, 40
We are always in need of volunteers to help us with the many programs and services we provide. We have a variety of programs throughout the year that need the support of individuals willing to donate their valuable time. Please review the selection of volunteer opportunities and sign up today!
We are always in need of volunteers to help us with the many programs and services we provide. We have a variety of programs throughout the year that need the support of individuals willing to donate their valuable time. Please review the selection of volunteer opportunities and sign up today.
- Food Pantry Volunteers help sort food donations, stock shelves and assemble bags of food for clients.
- Lunch Program Volunteers help prepare and serve our lunch meal during the morning, Monday-Friday. Various church groups help on Saturdays.
- Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) Team is on call 24 hours a day to respond when paged by county emergency management in order to provide food, beverages, and emotional/spiritual support to victims of disasters and rescue workers.
- Youth Program leaders help plan and teach our Wednesday night youth programs for ages 3-18.
- Advisory Board Members are volunteers from our community with a variety of backgrounds that meet monthly to assist The Salvation Army in the conduct of its activities and operations by formulating plans and making recommendations for the improvement of all that we do.
- Seasonal Volunteers help with activities like our Christmas Red Kettle Fund Raising campaign by ringing bells, driving vehicles or counting money. We also need seasonal volunteers to help with our Angel Tree Program at the Wausau Center Mall.
- We can also accomodate special projects for larger groups with advanced notice.
CONTACT OUR VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR FOR MORE DETAILS:
Colleen Mashlan, 715-845-4271 x. 34 Colleen_Mashlan@usc.salvationarmy.org
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these opportunities, follow the directions below or contact our volunteer coordinator at:
The Salvation Army
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
202 Callon Street
Wausau, WI 54401
If you would like to sign up to volunteer, follow the steps below:
1. Click on link: www.myvolunteerpage.com
2. Type Wausau in the box where it asks for county or city
3. Click on The Salvation Army - Wausau
4. You can look through the volunteer opportunities that are available, each position has a job description attached to it to help you decide if it's right for you
5. If you want to volunteer, click on sign up and the website will direct you the rest of the way
6. Thank you for your willingness to serve the least of these