You are in: Volunteer & Donation Opportunities
The Salvation Army works every day to make life better for the less fortunate people in Wausau. Because of your donations we can serve nutritious meals to people who would otherwise go hungry, shelter homeless families, provide after-school tutoring and recreation and send children to summer camp.
The Salvation Army succeeds in serving the community thanks to the support of its donors and volunteers. From financial support to volunteering of time, the individuals who support The Salvation Army are critical to the success of its mission.
We are always in need of volunteers to help us with the many programs and services we provide. We have a variety of programs throughout the year that need the support of individuals willing to donate their valuable time. Please review the selection of volunteer opportunities and sign up today.
- Food Pantry Volunteers help sort food donations, stock shelves and assemble bags of food for clients.
- Lunch Program Volunteers help prepare and serve our lunch meal during the morning, Monday-Friday. Various church groups help on Saturdays.
- Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) Team is on call 24 hours a day to respond when paged by county emergency management in order to provide food, beverages, and emotional/spiritual support to victims of disasters and rescue workers.
- Youth Program leaders help plan and teach our Wednesday night youth programs for ages 3-18.
- Advisory Board Members are volunteers from our community with a variety of backgrounds that meet monthly to assist The Salvation Army in the conduct of its activities and operations by formulating plans and making recommendations for the improvement of all that we do.
- Seasonal Volunteers help with activities like our Christmas Red Kettle Fund Raising campaign by ringing bells, driving vehicles or counting money. We also need seasonal volunteers to help with our Angel Tree Program at the Wausau Center Mall.
- We can also accomodate special projects for larger groups with advanced notice.
CONTACT OUR VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR FOR MORE DETAILS:
Colleen Mashlan, 715-845-4271 x. 34 Colleen_Mashlan@usc.salvationarmy.org
You can provide funds to support Army programs in a variety of ways. Whether by mailed check or credit card on line, your donation will go to support the programs to help those in need in our local communities in Marathon County. For more details about donations contact our bookkeeper, Lynn Theilig at 715-845-4272 x. 32 Lynn_Theilig@usc.salvationarmy.org
The Salvation Army provides a variety of ways to help you make a contribution to support our programs. We have information on wills, gift annuities and a variety of options to get the most value for your gift.
Your financial support is critical as we transform lives. The Salvation Army depends on donations from private individuals. Find out how you can go beyond mere concern and take action to support the battle we fight in Marathon County.